Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Sustainability is about balancing the triple bottom line of profit, people and planet. It is understanding the expectations of your stakeholders and managing these issues in a way that is socially and environmentally responsible whilst bringing economic benefit to shareholders. Of course, this approach not only reduces the impact of your organisation on the environment and society, but good, or even leading practice, can significantly contribute to the success and long-term sustainability of your organisation. By being mindful of potential future challenges and maximising opportunities as they arise, your organisation is best placed to succeed in a world where environmental issues are only set to deteriorate and stakeholder interest in Corporate Responsibility is only set to increase.
Who should attend?
This content can be delivered as either a short, focused and engaging presentation, designed to inform and inspire top management and decision makers, or as a half day course as required. This high-level course is for anyone wishing to learn about sustainability and the business opportunities it presents. Typical attendees include owners and directors, sustainability managers and environmental managers.
This course will look at the business case for sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). The aim is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to conduct a materiality review, develop a sustainability strategy and report for their organisation.
Successful learners will be able to:
- Explain the business case for sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- List example Guidelines, Standards and Protocols for CSR reporting (E.g. Global Reporting Initiative)
- Explain the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and how they can be embedded into strategy.
- Review suitable methods to promote sustainability in business (including governance, stakeholder engagement, materiality reviews, setting strategy, performance management, disclosure and assurance)
- Discuss methods to embed sustainability into core business strategy
- Recall example case studies of best practice
- Review example reports from a range of organisations
Class exercises and activities throughout the course.
Successful candidates will receive a Professional Certificate of Achievement.
Full day/ Half day (This course can be reduced to a focused 2-hour workshop or extended to a full day to suit).
£299 (full day version)