Eco-Champion: Environmental and Sustainability Awareness Training Course
Who should attend?
The Environmental and Sustainability Awareness training course is for anyone wishing to learn how to reduce their own personal impact on the environment and reduce the impact of their organisation.
The aim of this course is to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to reduce their impact on the environment and improve the environmental performance of their organisation.
By the end of this course, learners will be able to:
- Outline key terms relevant to environmental protection and sustainable development
- Explain basic principles of environmental law and typical compliance requirements
- Discuss key environmental issues including climate change, resource depletion, biodiversity loss etc
- Identify links between companies and their environmental impacts
- Discuss potential risks and opportunities for business driven by environmental factors.
- Explain the benefits of an environmental management system and pollution prevention
- Outline best practice in areas of energy use, carbon management, transport, resource efficiency, waste minimisation, water use, pollution prevention and emergency planning.
Engaging in class discussions and exercises.
1 Full Day
Successful candidates will receive a Professional Certificate of Achievement.
There are no formal entry requirements. Candidates should possess a reasonable command of written and spoken English.