Energy Champion: Energy and ESOS Phase 2, Awareness and staff engagement
An increasing number of organisations, of all sizes and sectors, are placing more focus on Energy Awareness and Management. The cost of energy continues to increase, and legal drivers directly incentivise organisations to take action. ESOS Phase 2 reports are due to be submitted to the regulators before December 2019. At the same time, the climate continues to warm and customers expect organisations to play their part, contribute and make more eco-conscious products and services available.
Who should attend?
This introductory course is for anyone wishing to learn how to measure and reduce their own energy use or that of their organisation. The course is suitable for environmental mangers and facilities managers as well as general workforce awareness across all roles. Ideal for energy champions who want to drive change in the work place.
This course can be tailored to be specific to different sectors (e.g. in Housing Associations) or delivered in-house and made entirely bespoke to your organisation.
To equip learners with the knowledge and skills to identify and plan actions to reduce energy use, whilst driving continual improvement of the energy performance of your organisation. This can be used to support ESOS reporting requirements. The course also looks at staff engagement to ensure energy improvement plans are effectively implemented.
Successful learners will be able to:
- Outline the key drivers for energy management
- Explain the links between energy use and associated environmental impacts including climate change and resource depletion
- Explain the benefits of different renewable energy options
- Outline the steps of an energy audit
- Identify example energy sources, uses and methods for measurement
- Define a carbon footprint
- Explain the benefit of an energy management system and the key requirements of ISO 50001
- Explain ESOS and reporting requirements
- Initiate ideas to improve the energy performance of your organisation that are compatible with a hierarchical approach.
- Develop a staff engagement plan to motivate colleagues
Practical class exercises and activities throughout the course.
Successful candidates will receive a Professional Certificate of Achievement.
£245 (bespoke in-house courses are quoted on a case by case basis).