Climate Change: Risk, Opportunity and Business Resilience
Who should attend?
Anyone wishing to learn about climate change and the associated risks and opportunities, and how to manage these within a business. Typical attendees include environmental managers, sustainability managers, owners and directors.
Climate change is a complex topic where knowledge and understanding is changing at a rapid pace. Many organisations are placing more focus on the need to identify the risks and opportunities associated with climate change in order to best plan how to address these, for instance by integrating these into business resilience plans or building them into management systems such as ISO 14001.
This climate change training course will provide an introduction to climate change and the associated risks and opportunities. The aim is to equip learners with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify and plan for the risks and opportunities relevant to their organisation in order to increase business resilience and maximise on the opportunities.
Successful learners will be able to:
- Confidently discuss the science of climate change
- Outline the drivers for action on climate risk including international policy and local legislation
- Identify associated risks and opportunities as relevant to their organisation and supply chain
- Explain the business case for climate change mitigation and adaptation
- Plan how to act in order to minimise the risks and maximise on the opportunities
- Access tools and additional resources to support further action if desired.
Practical exercises and activities throughout the course and end of course review.
£175 per person.
Successful candidates will receive a Professional Certificate of Achievement.
There are no formal entry requirements. Candidates should possess a reasonable command of written and spoken English.
Option for Combined Climate and Carbon courses:
This material is embedded within the full day course: Carbon Footprinting and Management (including introduction to the GHG Protocol). Click here for more info. By attending the full day course, delegates automatically receive a certificate for both courses at no extra charge.