Note: This course is delivered by True North Associate, Sharon Lashley who is a registered trainer for the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management (CIWM) through her registered centre (See meet the team for more info).
This course is delivered in one full day and covers the following:-
- Waste as a resource
- What is waste?
- Environmental impact of Waste
- Cost of Managing waste
- Understanding and applying the Waste Hierarchy
- Waste legislation and compliance with the Law
- How to carry out a basic waste audit
- How to implement improvements as a result of an audit
- How to monitor and evaluate improvements from an audit
Who should do this course:
Anyone who has a responsibility for managing waste within their organisation and who needs to learn how to carry out waste auditing.
This course results in a formal certificate valid for 3 years upon completion of a written assessment.
1 Full Day